Sunday, September 4, 2011

750 September

In the PhD process there are phases: excited about getting in, I can shape the field, holy shit what am I doing, complaining to other grad students, looking up salaries of fast food restaurant managers, and committing to getting the f**k out of dodge.
I am in the last phase on that list.  As part of that I have committed myself to writing 750 words a day (no more than 500 of which can be notes), everyday in September.*  While I'm still reading and compiling literature, I HAVE to write.  Because I HAVE to graduate!

*I did make a similar (read the same) pact last September, but this year I'm doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I hope all that ambition rubs off on me, but so far--everytime I get a toe-hold, I get a call from the Big H about you know who. Write, write, write!!

    ReplyDelete