Friday, July 15, 2011

Xkis (It's done)

I head home tomorrow.  Matyöx Iximulew, it's been a good run...
Some of my favorite guate memories in photos...

Acting out new Kaqchikel words with Ixkamey.  This is batz (monkey).

Weaving with Magda
and laughing as Herlinda (background) calls me abuelita,
because I walk down the hills so slowly.

Chatting and making trensas with my ladies in the park.
Hearing them call "Meggie" went I walk up.

Meeting those from the aldeas who "sigue luchando."
Note the mudslides from Agatha in the background.

The volcano and the arch.

Big skies

The path at Victor's house.

Riding the camionetas with Antia... our bus face so we aren't over charged.

The amazing Ixim Nik'te' and Ixkamey
Yibison roma k'o nukisib'äl q'ij pa Iximulew.  Po, chuqa' nikikot nuk'u'x iwoma rïx.  
I'm sad because today is my last day in Guatemala. But my heart is also happy because of you all.

Xaxe 


No comments:

Post a Comment