The myth that I would have more time to do my own work because I wasn't teaching this year has been officially shattered. I have not actually had more free time, now I just get everything done instead of half-assing most of my work. It is the ongoing mystery of graduate school: how do you have time to do research when being a graduate student keeps getting in the way. That said I have been relatively productive- for instance today I read a book on coffee and land policy in colonial Guatemala.
Here is what has been happing (a photo montage):
Halloween, maybe not the best representation of our department, or really of Jersey...
| DJ Pauly D (me), la diabla, and Snookie |
| At da club Yes- that is my advisor dressed as a church lady and TM dressed as Guy F from the Food Channel |
I needed to make up for lost time spent getting my Gym, Tan, Laundry on in preparation for Halloween.
![]() |
| Quiet Saturday Study Time in the PhD office |


Yum! dinner looks great!, but the photo of you guys with the church lady is the best ever.
ReplyDelete