Sunday, June 26, 2011

Busy Times in Guate

Dad came for a visit for a long weekend last week.  It was great fun but too short.  We spent Thursday and Friday in Antigua.  We really enjoyed a museum at Casa Santo Domingo.  It is now a hotel, but used to be a Franciscan monastery.
At the Chapel in Santo Domingo


Dad at Casa Santo Domingo
On Saturday morning we went to Monterrico beach.  It is a black sand beach with BIG waves, but not much else...
Monterrico: no monte, fewer ricos
Dad left on Sunday and then I headed to Chocola for some interviews.  Chocola is in the coffee piedmont.  I was there with my friends and their 8 month old baby... very cute.
Kimmie and Sophia
I had 3 good interviews... one opened with "I can't talk long, I'm leaving for the US"  it turned out he was leaving in 30 minutes.  Hopefully he'll make it and we'll be able to talk in the US.

Also, after 5 weeks tromping across the countryside in Chacos I need a pedicure!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos. How will you ever be able to settle back into the boring life? Oh yeah--pedicures and Otis and that other guy you live with!

    ReplyDelete