![]() |
| women gathering water at the town pump |
| Caribbean Beaches |
The weekend saw our group go to the North Coast. We loaded our group of 15 into a 14 passenger van and set off to the airport where we picked up Prof. Magoo's girlfriend, making the remaining 2 hours quite cozy indeed. Tela was a little sketchy--strip clubs and discos on the beach. But I had my own room with AC so I did not care. Saturday we went to a national park located on a nearby island. The beauty was only made better by the fact that there were 7 inches of snow on the ground at home.
Our final week in Copan was filled with working on our projects. I worked as translated and animadora for the anthro/business group. We made ads for two communities, created tags to attach to indigenous-made crafts, and made 2 websites. As part of my role as translator I took some of the group members out to photograph a couple of projects that the indigenous organization were particularly proud of. One was an experimental farming center.
| goat project- maybe the best picture of goats ever taken?!? |
The group dynamic left a little to be desired as one of the business students felt the need to throw a couple of tantrums. No really, throwing things, pouty pants tantrums. But in the end everything turned out ok. All in all it was a pretty sweet GTA gig.
| me and a 17 year old parrot at the local bird sanctuary |
Now I am back in the land of snow. We got 6 inches on Wednesday. I miss the sun, but not really that much togetherness.

I've been waiting so patiently for the weekend when I knew you'd have time/be recovered enough to post pics here or fb or *somewhere.* They're great. I love the parrot photo, such gorgeous plumage. Glad you survived:) And sounds like you got some great experience (of all sorts). I always think these things (jobs)are so much better evaluated/valued in retrospect (kind of like surviving junior high). Beautiful beaches (and goats). Can't wait to hear more in person. Hi to TM! Wish you guys were closing down some parties out here!
ReplyDelete