My boss at the old man project told me that getting a PhD was a very isolating experience... I had no idea just what she meant until these last few weeks.
I have been beyond busy... I've worried myself sick a couple of times and am averaging about 4-5 hours of sleep per night.
But there has been time for a couple of photos and a lot of pushing from LHF to get them posted to the blogosphere.
Anthropology Halloween Party:

Frida was accompanied by the tallest, skinniest, whitest Diego ever.
Someone actually asked what my costume was... "Are you a gypsy?"
It made me sad that they were a fellow Anthropology student and also that they thought I could ever be too busy to correct a unibrow like that.
Why my calves are now too big for even wide-calf boots:
I catch the bus at the top of the hill in the distance. It is one of three hills that I get to tackle. It is about a mile walk into campus. Unfortunately my proximity to the Coke machine and lack of free time has prevent my waist from reaping the rewards!Also, the hill is much bigger in real life!
No really it is!
Doesn't the campus look beautiful without leaves!
The only nice thing about cold, rainy, fall days:

The second of our fires for the season and a nice place to curl up and read and lesson plan. The photo was quickly followed by a trip for a latte!
Also for those still holding out any hope that there might be more pictures of the house... Here is what the floor of the living room looks like!
Nice! I think you look a quite a bit cuter than Frida--but close enough, close enough (and a very clever Halloween character). I think the student who didn't know you were being FK is NOT among your serious competition ;-) The house is so cute--fireplaces are wonderful. We are champing at the bit to get a fire going in ours but it is too warm still. btw--my first undergrad institution had unbelievable hills...they are veeerrrry good for the heart.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute floor! I do like house pictures.
ReplyDeleteLOL at a tall, white Diego. I saw Diego and thought Dora. No idea what that says for my own PhD hopes. :/
ReplyDeleteI had no idea Kansas had hills!
ReplyDelete